Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

The vacant land next to Pirates on Soi Full Love Inn is being cleared. Prep work for new construction maybe?
49858407532_abc46b9c52_b.jpg

Noticed too the Full Love Inn is once again open for business.
49858407442_7e81539b57_b.jpg

As are the ST rooms off of Soi Bongkoch.
49858407377_a91b00af0e_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wonder if the Soi Excite fairground is getting a permanent stage for live music concerts. At least this one will be facing south. The previous stage was facing east towards where I live. On concert nights I had no trouble hearing the volume 11 music from a little over a 1km away. Those to the south of Soi Excite, you're now the lucky ones.
49873214632_a3772e728b_b.jpg

49873214557_a045e670b9_b.jpg[/url

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

On concert nights I had no trouble hearing the volume 11 music from a little over a 1km away.

In truth it isn't the volume that bothers me.It is the vibration from the distorted bass in every Thai music venue that I have "experienced"... ....

I did another 1 hour walk today. Tomorrow I plan a 2 hour walk. If all goes well I shall be doing a 3 hour walk around that area next week .... Your photos are giving me some sort of incentive to get out and about again.. and helping me get back in shape ..... If things continue unhindered I may even challenge Keyman to take part in next years Pattaya Marathon...!! 

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

In truth it isn't the volume that bothers me.It is the vibration from the distorted bass in every Thai music venue that I have "experienced"... ....

I did another 1 hour walk today. Tomorrow I plan a 2 hour walk. If all goes well I shall be doing a 3 hour walk around that area next week .... Your photos are giving me some sort of incentive to get out and about again.. and helping me get back in shape ..... If things continue unhindered I may even challenge Keyman to take part in next years Pattaya Marathon...!! 

Keep it up and you'll already be in Ban Chang for the next bar crawl....

59 minutes ago, yorta2 said:

Keep it up and you'll already be in Ban Chang for the next bar crawl....

By the time bars reopen I'll be able to walk to Bangkok!!!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I did another 1 hour walk today. Tomorrow I plan a 2 hour walk. If all goes well I shall be doing a 3 hour walk around that area next week .... Your photos are giving me some sort of incentive to get out and about again.. and helping me get back in shape .....If things continue unhindered I may even challenge Keyman to take part in next years Pattaya Marathon...!! 

....In your dreams!!! ?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

By the time bars reopen I'll be able to walk to Bangkok!!!

...and by the time they close on the first night, you won't be able to walk at all!!! ?

• Haha 2

Is there any updated pictures of the beer garden i read in a Thai newspaper the mayor has reclaimed the land and they are knocking it down to replace with a tram station /stop  which would be a shame as i have spent many a happy night in there 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Is there any updated pictures of the beer garden i read in a Thai newspaper the mayor has reclaimed the land and they are knocking it down to replace with a tram station /stop  which would be a shame as i have spent many a happy night in there 

Staff continue to be paid.

Plus I am led to believe the plans for the Siren Beer Bar Complex is a new Beer Bar Complex without a Boxing Ring.

36 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

That first photo looks just like the Aussie bar opposite Nirun......

It is, and it's been closed even before the pandemic hit. Before it was closed I think there was a change in owners as it seemed to cater to Thais. Stopped in probably about a year ago and while promptly served a drink was ignored for the remainder of my stay, even though I was the only customer. Figured I wasn't the customer base they were looking for, which was fine as there were plenty of other bars to choose from. Or rather, there used to be. :(

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Didn't take any pics as I feel it's a bit degrading to take pics of people in need.

Very VERY well said mate ......It would be too crude of me to draw comparisons with other Pattaya establishments on your thread!

On my walk today they were giving out free food between Friendship and Tukcom....I'm guessing it was around 08:00 am...They seemed quite upset that I didn't take any!!!

Perhaps a note for discussion...not far away from the free food stall were the "regular" beggars asking for money for food ...

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It is, and it's been closed even before the pandemic hit. Before it was closed I think there was a change in owners as it seemed to cater to Thais. Stopped in probably about a year ago and while promptly served a drink was ignored for the remainder of my stay, even though I was the only customer. Figured I wasn't the customer base they were looking for, which was fine as there were plenty of other bars to choose from. Or rather, there used to be. :(

Totally agree!

When I moved down "from the village" yonks ago I liked their beef stew and cider...... but buggered if I could find a stool that wasn't broken so sat at a wooden table instead.

A lot of the places closed in that area because of the "new" rule about bars being near schools.. In my view Bongkot/Arunothai is the future! Nirun bars must be a gnat's knacker from being inside that exclusion zone..

Expanding on bars that did bugger all about uncomfortable chairs ...Cheers on LK Pavillion slowly became derelict because the owner did fuck all about all his broken chairs....Nois at the junction of soi Honey and Buakhao has about 3 chairs that are easy to sit on unless you are 7 feet tall - somebody must have complained because she had them all refurbished last year....... but they are all too high!! Thai management at its best ...(although I do believe that she is Lee's widow so I'll cut her some slack.)..

• Like 1
16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The line is 1/2 km long! Didn't take any pics as I feel it's a bit degrading to take pics of people in need.

I agree with that sentiment.... in fact I had a ride around town myself yesterday morning and took some pics, I actually deleted them as they were a bit depressing. I got my wires crossed thinking a few eating places in the Mall might be open, and I could park myself in Subway watching the world go by as I used to. Not really, nobody was going by, and the few eating places that were open were only for take-out. They had the AC on fully, very welcome, and I noticed a few who normally lived outside had moved in, the lottery ticket sellers, and those selling cooked food usually in the car park. I had to laugh at MK, they had set up a little table outside for takeout collection and there is a box with a sign in English, 'Tip Box' prominently displayed.

I noticed a lot more people seemed to carelessly ride the wrong way nowadays on Rds that would normally be 1-way, and come at you as if you are in the wrong, have you noticed that on the bike, or are you similarly inclined?

Edited by jacko
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, jacko said:

I noticed a lot more people seemed to carelessly ride the wrong way nowadays on Rds that would normally be 1-way, and come at you as if you are in the wrong, have you noticed that on the bike, or are you similarly inclined?

I can't say I've noticed any more than usual riding the wrong way. I'm pretty conditioned to accepting it as normal, and in fact see it as a expedient way of getting to a destination that is closer to get to by riding against traffic. That of course only applies to those on two wheels, or two feet. Where I do take exception is if they expect me to give way, or even honk at me to move out of the way; which has happened and they get a verbal response that is in proportion to their stupidity.

What I have noticed is quite a few more out on bicycles, which is encouraging to see.

Tree Town before and after sunset last night. Cashier at Prom Guest House said the owner of the property fronting the tents was renting out the tent space. Kind of cheeky of the owner to be collecting rent on what I believe is a public footpath.
P5110002.jpg

IMG_20200511_184509.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Prom Guest House

Is that the place that does large beer chang for 60 baht? ....I've only ever seen it looking in  .......unlike you........

35 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Is that the place that does large beer chang for 60 baht? ....I've only ever seen it looking in  .......unlike you........

Yes. Decent place to sit, have a drink and people watch. Only negative is pre-pandemic it got too crowded with smokers.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Yes. Decent place to sit, have a drink and people watch. Only negative is pre-pandemic it got too crowded with smokers.

I shall have to make a point of having a beer in there at that price...!!!!

I have never smoked.... but coming from a family of smokers I kinda miss the occasional Secondary smoke ....

3 hour walk today but more importantly I have just woken up from my first painless sleep in Months..!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, forcebwithu said:

Buakhao Tue/Fri market today. Very few vendors, but plenty of parking in the shade.

49772156596_4eef79d2da_b.jpg

I went in there around 08:30 Tuesday morning and even at that time most of the usual stalls were up and running...I bought a bag of asparagus for 20 Baht and 6 pairs of socks for 100 Baht so if that is any indication prices are pretty much normal too....

Whilst having my morning coffee I spotted movement on top of the Jomtien Hospital (North Side) so got my perving binos out..A bloke was standing on the flat roof leaning over and painting the outside using a long handled roller...No safety ropes, no parapet, just a straight drop down......So normal service has been resumed there too ....

• Like 1