Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Did anyone recently stay at Nana Hotel? Years ago it was turning into a dump, Did a new owner take it over? The internet has it as a 3.5 star hotel now?

1 hour ago, Olded said:

Did anyone recently stay at Nana Hotel? Years ago it was turning into a dump, Did a new owner take it over? The internet has it as a 3.5 star hotel now?

Majestic suites just around the corner,  not perfect but a much better option. 

• Like 1

According to their web site they only had standard "smoking rooms" on offer.That will change when we arrive on mass the coming high season.

14 hours ago, Olded said:

I spent 2 nights there in late April, and enjoyed it. Nice, largish room with great shower, girl friendly, good pool, good bed. I didn't eat there at all, but had breakfast at The Tavern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was several years ago, but two different girls from one of bigger and better a-go-go-s in Nana Plaza both flat out told me that If I was staying the Nana Hotel, they would not go with me. I wasn't and they were both good "in the loom." ?

Maybe it has improved by now.

Edited by Samsonite
42 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

It was several years ago, but two different girls from one of bigger and better a-go-go-s in Nana Plaza both flat out told me that If I was staying the Nana Hotel, they would not go with me. I wasn't and they were both good "in the loom." ?

LOL Afraid of all the ghosts of the people who died there.  Fortunately, this one was farm fresh and didn't know the history

nana1.JPGnana2.JPG

• Like 3
On 8/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, Olded said:

Friends who stayed at the Nana in the past few months have mixed opinions.  Some say it's a dump to be avoided, others say it's at least  acceptable. I believe the difference is whether you get a refurbished room.

It's been 10 years since I stayed at the Nana and that was only for one night.  I got one of the (then) recently refurbished rooms and it was OK.  The hotel itself was quite shabby, with dark and dingy corridors. The Nana was built quickly and cheaply in 1963 and very little money has been spent on maintaining it.  The Nana needs a massive renovation, but that's not likely to happen.

Bottom line;  Much better options than the Nana can be found nearby. The only reason to pick the Nana in 2022 is to say you've stayed there or for a sense of nostalgia.

Evil

On 8/7/2022 at 5:42 PM, Samsonite said:

Back in the day there was a night club/disco.it was rocking full of all sorts of girls from the gogo's and some students and shop girls out to supliment there income's.One girl told me that the security guys who had a table in the entrance to the lifts and stairs,gave the girls a hard time.From what I could gather they wanted paying to give the girls access to the rooms.I am not sure if it was cash or sex or both,they definitely had a very bad reputation with the girls.

• Upvote 1

I think that all board members should stay at the Nana Hotel at least once. I stayed there one time, but I would stay there again in the future.

The Deluxe rooms rather than the Standard rooms are best, I had no problem in getting a massage girl from downstairs to relive my stresses in the room.

Years ago, there was a lovely lady in the Hotel's barber shop who would shave you down below if you asked.

When I stayed there I went for breakfast in the restaurant but was directed upstairs to a very large room where the residents dined.

Tick the box, even if it's for only one night.:)

PS: Back in the day I went into Angels one Valentine night witha flashing Heart lapel badge, the girls were like Bees round a Honey Pot, and I was the Honey. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, yselmike said:

Back in the day there was a night club/disco.it was rocking full of all sorts of girls from the gogo's and some students and shop girls out to supliment there income's.One girl told me that the security guys who had a table in the entrance to the lifts and stairs,gave the girls a hard time.From what I could gather they wanted paying to give the girls access to the rooms.I am not sure if it was cash or sex or both,they definitely had a very bad reputation with the girls.

One night a girl I had bar-fined from Nana Plaza wanted to go into the disco. IIRC, it was called "Angels"? There was a guard at the door who refused her entry. She said it was because she couldn't produce an ID card. I knew the owner of the a-go-go where she worked and know for a fact she was old enough.

Edited by Samsonite
3 hours ago, Samsonite said:

One night a girl I had bar-fined from Nana Plaza wanted to go into the disco. IIRC, it was called "Angels"? There was a guard at the door who refused her entry. She said it was because she couldn't produce an ID card. I knew the owner of the a-go-go where she worked and know for a fact she was old enough.

I vaguely remember them trying to shake me down when I was going to my room with two girls.Cant remember exactly how it panned out with the lift mafia,but I remember having a great time with the girls.

Never again, security tried to shakedown my Loa hooker as we left and became time to return her ID. Embarrassed the shit out of me; Never Again Nana Hotel. You'd think  the security would suck their own dicks to get money, pricks all.

11 hours ago, Samsonite said:

it was called "Angels"? 

It certainly was, amongst other names during its existence. When it eventually closed it was imaginatively called 'Nana Disco'.

Met the farang manager a few times as he was good mates with Ricky (ex Pandoras). Seemed like a nice guy. Can't remember his name but I remember his wife who was a nurse and was a great lady. 

• Upvote 1
On 8/10/2022 at 11:16 PM, knortyboy said:

It certainly was, amongst other names during its existence. When it eventually closed it was imaginatively called 'Nana Disco'.

Met the farang manager a few times as he was good mates with Ricky (ex Pandoras). Seemed like a nice guy. Can't remember his name but I remember his wife who was a nurse and was a great lady. 

I've heard the former owner of The AngelWitch (who sold it at a nice profit) took over the Nana Disco (pre-China flu). I don't know if that is true or not.

At one time RIcky was the manager at the BKK AngelWitch.