Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hooters on Beach Road- The Food (updated Dec. 20, 2016)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a review of the food that is served at the newly opened Hooters on Beach Road near the intersection with Soi 13. A discussion of the other aspects of Hooters can be found in the "Gogo and Bar

It had been awhile since I had had a meal at Hooters, but when I dropped in Monday night to book a couple of seats for Xmas dinner, I decided to try the food again. At around 8.30 p.m

Is it normal to serve a shrimp po' boy sandwich with tail shells still on? Personally, I don't eat shells, but I know some that don't care. But honestly, I don't want to have to play with the contents

Posted Images

That's my understanding from various reviews I have read.

That's actually good, since youre not paying more than you expected from reading the menu...it's just a hidden , extra cost item.

17% on top of already overpriced food, i can't get to the atm fast enough

According to tallguy (and looking at the odd priced line items on the bill shown above, I tend to agree), the high priced food includes the 17% already, so it's not "on top of", but built into the price.

If you order something for 599 baht (2 chicken wings, LOL), the bill should be 599 baht with a breakdown of where the items are counted. If you choose to pay that 599 baht, why would you care about how the 599 is allocated? It's just what it said on the menu.

I personally can accept that method as being more honest than 599++ as some hotels and restaurants do.

Also, by their showing the service 10% already included, it relieves you of having to leave a tip.

According to tallguy (and looking at the odd priced line items on the bill shown above, I tend to agree), the high priced food includes the 17% already, so it's not "on top of", but built into the price.

If you order something for 599 baht (2 chicken wings, LOL), the bill should be 599 baht with a breakdown of where the items are counted. If you choose to pay that 599 baht, why would you care about how the 599 is allocated? It's just what it said on the menu.

I personally can accept that method as being more honest than 599++ as some hotels and restaurants do.

Also, by their showing the service 10% already included, it relieves you of having to leave a tip.

Are you sure it is "generally accepted" not to tip even if it is already included in the bill ?

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Are you sure it is "generally accepted" not to tip even if it is already included in the bill ?

Did I say it was "generally accepted"?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Did I say it was "generally accepted"?

No.

But if you don't mind it is "unacceptable" you dont need to tip anywhere

No.

But if you don't mind it is "unacceptable" you dont need to tip anywhere

Well, in my opinion, you don't NEED to tip anywhere, and there's no set amount or percentage.

However, if an establishment imposes a mandatory 10% tip, I'm comfortable with not tipping beyond that unless I encounter service above and beyond the norm, e.g. a blow job at Hooters.

• Upvote 1

Yes on the menu the service and VAT is already included on the price they list. They are shown without on your tab and then 10% added for service and then 7% VAT, (VAT also on service charge).

My scrawny 10 wings were listed at 348.34, and add on the taxes that is exactly 410 baht..

170 baht for a pint of draft Singha, bottles 150 each..... I like the fact that the menu shows inclusive prices, but things look cheaper on your tab.

I suppose the 132 baht to watch those attractive girls walk around is a good deal, 410 for the wings is not!

Eight hundred views and 37 replies and I am still not sure if on balance the place is loved or loathed. I do realise that I will probably never get to know as 500 baht for a hamburger when there are some fine ones available for a fraction of that in Pattaya even if the girl that serves them is a bit on the plain side. They probably wont even get upset if I ask them what they are doing after work!

• 1 month later...

I have been in Hooters both in the USA and in Nottingham a very long time ago and will not be frequenting the one on Beach Road.

Apparently the big expansion never materialized in the UK as the feminists don't like big tits and short skirts.

found this info on the Andrew Drummond site.

Then found it wasn't entirely correct.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2016/03/has-thailands-most-prolific-foreign.html

'Hooters' - 'an American Sports bar & grill chain famous for

chicken wings served by waitresses in short shorts' -

has closed down 36 of its 37 outlets in Britain.

Presumably the idea was not so commercial. The Daily Mail

previewed the remaining restaurant in Nottingham under the

headline: 'Is this the most offensive bar in Britain?'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hooters-britain-controversial-bar-waitresses-5225949

But as business boomed in the US, attempts to bring the divisive "breastaurant" to the UK have been somewhat stunted. Hooters Nottingham opened its doors in 1996 and is said to be in the brand’s top 15 most profitable, yet while 36 new UK Hooters were announced in 2008, only Bristol and Cardiff ever opened. Both are now closed.

• Upvote 1

Eight hundred views and 37 replies and I am still not sure if on balance the place is loved or loathed. I do realise that I will probably never get to know as 500 baht for a hamburger when there are some fine ones available for a fraction of that in Pattaya even if the girl that serves them is a bit on the plain side. They probably wont even get upset if I ask them what they are doing after work!

Since its start as a local restaurant in Florida in 1983, Hooters has benefited enormously from gossip, speculation and even negative public debate/protests. It's received the equivalent of millions of dollars in free publicity all over the world. Hooters has attracted more attention on the Pattaya boards than most of the 3,000 (5,000?) bars where P4P is readily available. There's a Hooters' thread on TPC than runs to 75 pages and 1,500 views; The main Hooters' thread on Addicts is 41 pages and 1,000 views. Both of those threads were quite long before Hooters Pattaya was even built, much less open.

Mongers may not love to visit Hooters, but they sure love to talk about it.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

But as business boomed in the US, attempts to bring the divisive "breastaurant" to the UK have been somewhat stunted. Hooters Nottingham opened its doors in 1996 and is said to be in the brand’s top 15 most profitable, yet while 36 new UK Hooters were announced in 2008, only Bristol and Cardiff ever opened. Both are now closed.

I think " Hooters " are running out of countries to try.........!

Hooters........Overrated and over priced and thankfully , not over here....!

Where did you get that receipt from, Gabor, because I can't believe you would knowingly go in a place that overcharges so much and hand over that sort of money, unless someone barfined you and you said you were from Hungary and they though you said you were..........?

KM

That got a genuine chuckle from me keyman as well as bringing you back to neutral status on the thread. +1

• 9 months later...

So Hooters didn't go over in England? You'd think the feminists would have more to worry about. As for the restaurant itself? Rather tame, all things considered. Here in the USA, I've seen entire families out for lunch at one, including old ladies. And there are at least two Hooters knock-offs. Twin Peaks and the Tilted Kilt. Anyway, if I were to avoid Hooters in Pattaya, it would be because of the prices and the fact that better entertainment is available elsewhere.

ba0aebffee4fea172687996ed04bf8e1.jpg

In the foreground you can see ashtrays on every table, and approaching from the beach is a very lithe Russian bartender/server.

EDIT IN:

After I took that photo, the "Russian" came by and asked me if I wanted another drink (cranberry juice was delicious on a hot day). I didn't detect any accent during the short interaction, so I am backing off from identifying her as a Russian and will simply say she is a Westerner of unknown national origin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by MM
Russian?

Nice to get an update on Hooters, I had thought the place had vanished!

Nice to get an update on Hooters, I had thought the place had vanished!

Seems it's actually quite busy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From 1996 until 2001, I lived in Kalifornia. I was in a Hooters ONE time. If I were with a running mate and he wanted to go to the Pattaya Hooters, I would go with him. That's the only reason I would go. No way would I go out of the way by myself.

I like places with some atmosphere and not the sterile kind.

From 1996 until 2001, I lived in Kalifornia. I was in a Hooters ONE time. If I were with a running mate and he wanted to go to the Pattaya Hooters, I would go with him. That's the only reason I would go. No way would I go out of the way by myself.

I like places with some atmosphere and not the sterile kind.

Did call in for that reason , wished to read my book out front and just chill ,and drink a 99 baht beer ,

sometimes it hard to do that in a beer bar ,

Would you believe it the Farang manager came across to say hello ,

That said he just wanted to check I was ok ,I went away with a better opinion of the place ,

Joe

I went twice in October , once for some food and drink and the second time only for a drink , simply because they serve Asahi draft in pint glasses, which happens to be my second favourite beer behind Hoegaarden.

First time I had the boneless chicken with a hot sauce as it was on special, it was actually quite decent but as we have established, expensive when compared to other venues. Decent sport on the TV (no sound though) and sitting somewhere non crowded with decent service fitted the bill that day.

On my second and final visit I felt a craving for cold Asahi, went in and had a couple. The farang manager swaggered around chatting to the girls, and I overheard him say to one of his staff in Thai " look at Mr sit alone" and gestured toward me. I simply drank up my beer, paid and left and won't be returning, as that kind of behaviour is unprofessional and in my book, simply ignorant, and a poor example to be setting to staff, as it says more about him than it does me.

Edited by Butch