Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What are the biggest urban myths in Pattaya / Thailand?

We've all heard them. There are so many. Bar girls always lie and you can never trust them. All police are corrupt. You can live like a king for months on end without much money. Thailand is full of paedophiles. Thai whisky has amphetamine in it. Bar girls actually like going with their customers. Most bar girls are underage and forced into prostitution etc etc etc.

What are the most unfounded?

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeez, Joe, come on. First, you will constantly run the risk of mis understanding posts, if you simplistically analize,(whoops, slipped). er analyze, everything you read. What doesn't always shine the

I think the Nonce thing and that all the girls are ladyboys are the most common shit that cunts at work and in the pub go on about   There just jealous that there fat smelly fannied gf wont let the

Is it me or does Gabor try to turn every thread he posts in into a discussion about himself?

Posted Images

We've all heard them. There are so many. Bar girls always lie and you can never trust them. All police are corrupt. You can live like a king for months on end without much money. Thailand is full of paedophiles. Thai whisky has amphetamine in it. Bar girls actually like going with their customers. Most bar girls are underage and forced into prostitution etc etc etc.

I think the Nonce thing and that all the girls are ladyboys are the most common shit that cunts at work and in the pub go on about :banghead

There just jealous that there fat smelly fannied gf wont let them out of there sight :wanker

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can we say Most to be accurate, or few?

My experience, about the same as anywhere. The big difference between Thailand and the west is the obviousness of petty corruption - the 100-baht traffic stop. When you SEE that, you think corruption, whereas the westerners hide it more, to protect their face.

But at the middle and top ranks, the nexus between police and crime is the same as anywhere.

Two things about Thai police. The jails here and overseas are full of people who thought the Thai force is stupid or incompetent. It's not. If they want you, best you go turn yourself in before they have to come and arrest you and you have an accident and fall down the stairs.

The other thing is that just like any huge force or group, there are HUGELY dedicated people and jerkoffs.

Thais don't like the police for several reasons, the most obvious of which is the petty corruption and shakedown. But also because Thais are natural anarchists and don't like dealing with ANY authority until it's absolutely necessary. That said, the police force's reputation is as a place where young men can go if they aren't smart enough to be in the army. That's pretty unfair in many cases, but it's the meme.

that the ladies really,really "lub" you the money means nothing :crying:

regards

grayray

All beggars are mafia

you can get a suit made for 1000 baht

and every girl is on the game ,

You misunderstood the thread. This thread is for stuff that is NOT true.

What about your previous post here then Joe?

My contribution.....

My girl is different.

What about your previous post here then Joe?

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

How about the BS about the girls being trafficked or forced into it.

1. The car/motorbike/buffalo just died on me!

2. I miss you teelack. When you come back?

3. I not eat much!

4. Old man good. Young man no good. Only want to much boom boom and have no money.

5. My mama and babies will like you.

6. Oh so this is Soi 6!

7. Marry Thai man. He no good. He leave and now I have no one.

8. I go dance but I have you in my heart.

9. I not come you on day off because my friend sick.

10. Sorry but I go early because friend...:

A. Locked out.

B. Lossed key.

C. Have fight with boyfriend.

D. I go on early bus to Issan

• Upvote 1

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Wonderful retort. :thumbup