Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Your earliest memory of Pattaya

For me, it was not actually being there , but watching an episode of "321" on TV back in the 80's when a couple won a trip to "The Thai Paradise of Pattaya". The only reason I remember it was firstly because the bloke looked a lot more impressed than his Mrs at the winning, plus I caught it again on a satellite channel the other year and remembered seeing it the first time round but with a lot less relevance when I was 11 years old.

My first physical memory is getting off at the bus station and getting on an MC Taxi with my backpack on, to the Lek Hotel, the trip cost me 20 baht, the room was 250 baht a night with A/C. I had a bloody great backpack balanced on me as we weaved along the streets, got to the Lek and after having travelled up from Singapore over the previous 24 hours, I was in desperate need of a shower, probably evident by the lightening fast check in.

Edited by Butch

I was in Chiang Mai with my wife, my best friend and his farang  girlfriend. The two ladies had to go back home for work, but we were staying another week.

As soon as the ladies left my mate booked us flights to Bangkok with intention of getting a taxi to Pattaya.  I was disappointed as I was having a good time in Chiang Mai. The guide book had said to avoid Pattaya.

We didnt have anywhere to stay, taxi dropped us off at a hotel that catered to Arabs and Indians. We hit Walking St and met a couple of ladies who convinced us to move to the Lek.

I threw away the guide book.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jomtienguy said:

2003: I met a freelancer in BKK who suggested Pattaya. We were based in Jomtien and she (wisely) never took me over the hill to the bright lights of Walking St. 

Wow that took me back, reminds me of my first trips. 

That sure is a nice looking girl.

A few of those pictures remind me of my first Pattaya hotel, one out over the water on a pier on the South end of Walking St, had to cross the street to the booking office... and I too stayed at the Lek quite a few times. Although my early trips I remember the Bangkok bus brought us all the way to near the North end of Beach Rd, or was it the West end of North Rd? Good times....everything was simpler.

My first trip tp Thailand included only Bangkok and Phuket.  That was in 2000.  I didn't make it to Pattaya until 2002.  Before that, though, I had read lots about it.  Maxim magazine even had an article about it around that same time.  They made it seem like a dangerous place.  Anyway, I figured it was with a try, so I spend a month there in 2002.  November, I think.  I stayed at the Windy Inn on Walking Street.  Nice room with an awesome sea view on the top floor.  As it turned out, I came down with some sort of terrible cold/cough about.a week in, so my four week vacation was only one week.  It was a different place back then.  Lots of customers in the bars, less expensive, more fun.  

My first memory of just the mention of Pattaya was 1987. I was working in Abu Dhabi and a colleague decided to go to Patts for his R&R. First thing he did when he got back was visit the doctor and request a raft of blood and other tests....He was a total piss-head and had practically no recall of what he did the past 10 days.

34 minutes ago, Bob Belzy said:

My first memory of just the mention of Pattaya was 1987. I was working in Abu Dhabi and a colleague decided to go to Patts for his R&R. First thing he did when he got back was visit the doctor and request a raft of blood and other tests....He was a total piss-head and had practically no recall of what he did the past 10 days.

Blood tests.  Probably a good idea.   

I heard of Pattaya in 1974.  There was the suggestion that there was nightlife, but you went to Bangkok for your upscale sinning.

Made it to Pattaya in 2002.  Stayed at the Residence Garden because of what I had read here--good choice.  Then I discovered the old Dollhouse and I was happy.

My earliest memory was about 2004 or 5. I dont remember much, apart from staying at areca lodge, and my first barfine.... I think it was called Spicey gogo , the girl had a tattoo of a  genie coming out from her belly button, and everytime she came she appeared to doze off very briefly, which she did often. No idea what her name was...

11 hours ago, Butch said:

Still got one of those T shirts hanging up in my wardrobe!.

Crikey Butch, it must be as bad as mine, Steptoe would pass it by. 

• Haha 1

Just found this thread. Thanks.

My first memory of Pattaya was when it was featured in a segment on a current affairs tv show November 2000.

The segment was about the "sexploits" of some Australian guys in Pattaya. The Playpen gogo on Soi Yamato was the main bar featured on the show.

Not long after, got my first computer and early 2001 found the FLB forum. 

Was then able to get a lot more information about Pattaya before my first visit July 2001.

Stayed at Flipper hotel on Soi 8. My first 2 barfines were from FLB. The first one was not good, but the second one ( Nit) was good fun and took her about 3 or 4 times that trip.

• Like 1

1995, a story in The Daily Star newspaper talking about a town in Thailand  by the seaside where gorgeous girls would spend the night with you for $10

”disgusting “ I thought

*mental note*

• Haha 1

Middle 90s I arrived in Thailand sick from a nasty virus I was with a mate who was on a two week trip,Bangkok, Hua Hin,bang sapan then he left and I went to Laos.

I spent 3 nights in Vientiane but I was not feeling good so I thought I would go back to Thailand and get down to the coast maybe visit some islands.fetched up midday in a bus station in Nakon nowhere looking in the rough guide for a place to go and a bus to take me there, a girl who spoke good English started talking to me and said she was on her way to Pattaya to meet her German boyfriend and I should go there the bus leaves in 20 minutes.We fetched up in the Sawadee hotel on what was then the edge of town it was cheap cheerful and basic and I had the time of my life.

Came back almost every year untill I became jaded and the pollution and attitudes got to me, spent some trips in Sihanoukville untill I got jaded and the attitudes and traffic/police got to me, now I go to Jomtien and only go to Pattaya for the shopping.

• Like 2

In some ways I'm glad I only visit Thailand every second or third year.  I've never become jaded about it,  it's still exciting and wonderful.  

I love pattaya but after a few days I have to go somewhere quieter to recover from the non-stop throng of available women and the constant thrill of being there. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

July 1995, arriving at the Amari at 03:00, getting up at 06:00 to meet a driver to go to work in Map Tha Put at 07:00. Never saw the nightlife for 8 months

I flew in to work at Thai Oil, Laem Chabang, many years ago. What a collection of piss heads and dead wood there was on that project!

• Like 1

Strange, I can easily recall my first trip to Manila in 85/86. Remember the Hotel I stayed in (Holiday Inn), the bars I went to, and most of the girls I went with. I still have a vivid memory of all aspects of that trip- my first overseas. My first trip to Pattaya was in 1998, done as a 4 day side trip from Bangkok. All I remember is the most uncomfortable mini van trip from Bangkok (never again), staying in the Dynasty Inn (Ok, stayed there a number of times since) and the impression that it was generally cheaper than Bangkok.

• Like 1

I went past Pattaya (which was a small fishing village) aboard a bus full of Australian sailors in 1965, from Sattahip, which we accessed by boat from our ship anchored just off the coast. We were enroute to Bangkok, and I have no recollection of what, or where Pattaya was. In fact I have no recollection of the return trip south neither, as I was just one other drunken sailor on the trip.  It took me many years to get back to Patts, and I guess my first trip to the now much bigger place would have been in the early 2000s. I did return (alongside) to Sattahip in the late 60s, during the Vietnam war, but stayed locally.

• Like 1

First trip 1998 spent 2 months touring around, 2nd trip 1999 another touring trip but caught up with an ex boss living with a gogo girl in BKK. He suggested meeting up in Pattaya (I had never been) after my travels and that was where my life changed. Stayed at the White House  hotel close to WS., went for a stroll and heard music from a bar, Shadows instrumental as I recall. FLB it was and spent a lot of nights there after that. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My first visit to Pats was in 2001 with a pal who I had previously visited Spanish resorts - ie Benidorm, Lloret etc. We had heard rumours of Thailand and the Thai girls so on one fateful evening in a pub we decided to give it a go and booked flights on British Airways from Manchester to Bangkok via Heathrow. On the plane we got chatting to a guy who we gathered was an experienced monger and who obviously could see our inexperience. He enquired as to where we were heading for. This was before the internet was in full operation.  We told him “Bangkok” to which he asked “what are you going for “. The answer was to fuck girls and drink beer. In a micro second he replied “you need to go to Pattaya” following which he gave full instructions to complete the journey and reach paradise.

The taxi pulled into Pats and the driver enquired “hotel” to which we replied words to the effect of “no have - you find” . He drove up Soi 7 with us looking google-eyed at the bars and girls but could not find a vacancy there but a couple of rooms were obtained nearby at the Little Duck Hotel  just off Second Road. Whilst checking In I remember cautiously enquiring about being able to be joined by our girlfriends as if we had already acquired them. The reply was positive so we embarked without unpacking for our first foray into the unknown ending up at the Tim Gogo, where said girlfriends were obtained. Our lives had been altered for ever and now 18 years later I still go to Pats but my pal only made a couple more visits, but we still talk about the fun we had long ago in 2001.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Daveuk said:

My first visit to Pats was in 2001 with a pal who I had previously visited Spanish resorts - ie Benidorm, Lloret etc. We had heard rumours of Thailand and the Thai girls so on one fateful evening in a pub we decided to give it a go and booked flights on British Airways from Manchester to Bangkok via Heathrow. On the plane we got chatting to a guy who we gathered was an experienced monger and who obviously could see our inexperience. He enquired as to where we were heading for. This was before the internet was in full operation.  We told him “Bangkok” to which he asked “what are you going for “. The answer was to fuck girls and drink beer. In a micro second he replied “you need to go to Pattaya” following which he gave full instructions to complete the journey and reach paradise.

The taxi pulled into Pats and the driver enquired “hotel” to which we replied words to the effect of “no have - you find” . He drove up Soi 7 with us looking google-eyed at the bars and girls but could not find a vacancy there but a couple of rooms were obtained nearby at the Little Duck Hotel  just off Second Road. Whilst checking In I remember cautiously enquiring about being able to be joined by our girlfriends as if we had already acquired them. The reply was positive so we embarked without unpacking for our first foray into the unknown ending up at the Tim Gogo, where said girlfriends were obtained. Our lives had been altered for ever and now 18 years later I still go to Pats but my pal only made a couple more visits, but we still talk about the fun we had long ago in 2001.

Ahhh... the Little duck, with the nightclub behind it called the Disco Duck. I stayed there once around the same time, 2001. It had a great pool but the rooms were shabby and really dated, but for 600 thb per night I wasn't complaining.

Circa November 2007. I had just left Chiang Mai because I couldn't find a young massage gal who would do BBBJ. I checked into a BR hotel, then I walked over to the walkway. An 18 year old hottie says "ow smoke gap boom ha loi baht mai?" We jumped into the shower, then we had a good session. I Stayed for 9 more years.?

Dual_2007.jpg

NOV_2007_BR.jpg

Edited by hyku1147
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My first visit to Bangkok was in 1998 and I did not know about Pattaya then. Next year I went to bkk and pattaya and I got hooked. A heaven for adults. 

A girl came to my room and said “she smokes”. I sent her back.  thinking that she smokes cigarets. Later I found out she meant something else

another day I was sitting on beach road. An older lady and a younger girl were walking by.  They invited me to Royal garden.  Suddenly the younger one said to me “you want me or my mom” I chose the daughter.  What a memory 

• Upvote 1